There is a good chance that this post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of these links, I might earn a small commission at no extra cost to you (which I really appreciate, thank you!) The full disclosure policy can be found here.
Everything You Need to Know About Sandals Royal Caribbean
If you’re considering a Sandals honeymoon or Sandals vacation, here is everything you need to know about Sandals Royal Caribbean.
Sandals Royal Caribbean offers a private offshore island and some of the most luxurious accommodations at any Sandals Resort. Sandals Royal Caribbean has been repeatedly voted the Best Resort in Jamaica, so if you want to ensure you’re getting a great resort plus luxe accommodations, this may be the best Sandals Resort for you!
Everything You Need to Know About Sandals Royal Caribbean
This adults-only, all-inclusive resort is known for its luxurious over-the-water bungalows and a private island. It’s one of only three Sandals Resorts to offer these over-the-water bungalows! Check out the other two here: Which Sandals Resorts have overwater bungalows?
Have you seen “The Office” where Michael invited Jan to join him on a trip to “Sandals Jamaica?” Well, technically, there is no “Sandals Jamaica,” although there are plenty of Sandals Resorts in Jamaica.
Although it’s completely made up, I think Michael Scott and Jan visited Sandals Royal Caribbean or “Jamaica’s Most Alluring Resort.” Royal Caribbean is the only Sandals Resort to sanction topless or nude sunbathing, which was a whole plot line in “The Office.”
A section of the offshore island is set apart for nude sunbathing, but it’s not very well known. So if clothing-optional sunbathing is not for you, don’t worry! You won’t find this part of the beach unless you’re looking for it.
Here is everything you need to know about Sandals Royal Caribbean, from accommodation types to restaurants and much more!
Accommodations at Sandals Royal Caribbean
The best accommodations at Sandals Royal Caribbean are their over-the-water bungalows. The over-the-water private island butler villa with an infinity pool is my all-time favorite. This bungalow is just off the private island.
Breathtaking views. Water hammocks. Private glass floors. There isn’t a feature that wasn’t considered when creating this vacation space. Add in your very own personal butler, and you won’t miss out on anything during your all-inclusive vacation.
There are 28 different accommodations in all at Sandals Royal Caribbean. Not all of them are as amazing as the private villa I just mentioned. However, they are all incredible, and you won’t regret choosing any of these accommodations for your vacation.
The other accommodations at Sandals Royal Caribbean include:
- Over-the-water private island butler honeymoon bungalow
- Beachfront honeymoon one-bedroom walkout butler suite with patio and tranquility soaking tub
- Swim-up crystal lagoon honeymoon one-bedroom butler suite
- Royal beachfront butler corner suite with balcony tranquility soaking tub
- Royal beachfront honeymoon one-bedroom butler suite
- Crystal lagoon honeymoon penthouse oceanview one bedroom butler suite
- Royal beachfront club elite suite with balcony tranquility soaking tub
- Romeo & Juliet walkout butler suite with patio tranquility soaking tub
- Walkout swim-up crystal lagoon honeymoon butler suite
- Romeo & Juliet butler suite with balcony tranquility soaking tub
- Crystal lagoon honeymoon one-bedroom butler suite
- Crystal lagoon honeymoon oceanview butler suite
- Royal one-bedroom butler suite
- Crystal lagoon honeymoon butler suite
- Crystal lagoon hideaway swim up club level junior suite with patio tranquility soaking tub
- Windsor beachfront walkout club elite room with patio tranquility soaking tub
- Windsor beachfront club elite room with balcony tranquility soaking tub
- Beachfront honeymoon walkout club level
- Kensington Cove honeymoon beachfront club level
- Beachfront grande luxe
- Crystal lagoon hideaway junior suite with balcony tranquility soaking tub
- Caribbean poolside grande luxe walkout with patio tranquility soaking tub
- Caribbean poolside grande luxe with balcony tranquility soaking tub
- Caribbean poolside luxury walkout with patio tranquility soaking tub
- Caribbean poolside luxury with balcony tranquility, soaking tub
- Royal sanctuary grande luxe
- Caribbean Deluxe
You will notice many of the accommodations at Sandals Royal Caribbean offer butler services. Your butler will arrange all those extras that make this your dream vacation. To learn more about Sandals room categories, check out Sandals Resort Room Categories – Luxury vs. Club vs. Butler.
What is Included During Your Stay at Sandals Royal Caribbean
The list of what is included during your stay at Sandals Royal Caribbean is quite long. But, remember, Sandals goes beyond “all-inclusive” and offers “luxury included” vacations beyond what many all-inclusive resorts offer.
Sandals does all-inclusive the right way, so you will get everything you want for the price you pay.
- Unlimited dining at nine restaurants
- Unlimited premium liquors
- 6 bars, including swim-up bars
- All tips, taxes, and gratuities
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- PADI-certified scuba diving, including equipment
- Snorkeling, including equipment
- Paddleboards, kayaks, and Hobie cats
- Water sports instruction by a professional
- Pool tables, bocce ball, beach volleyball, plus other land sports
- Fitness center access
- Entertainment, including live shows
- Exchange privileges with nearby Sandals Resorts
- Roundtrip shuttles to Sandals Montego Bay
- Free weddings for guests who stay at least three nights (learn more here: 11 Tips for Planning a Sandals Destination Wedding.)
If you’re wondering what isn’t included at Sandals, the answer is not much. However, there are a few things, and I talk about those in 10 things, that are NOT included at Sandals.
Dining Options at Sandals Royal Caribbean
You have nine incredible restaurants to choose from when you vacation at Sandals Royal Caribbean.
You must head over to the private island to enjoy a meal at Royal Thai. This is easy when you take a ride on the dragon boat. The exotic dishes include fried prawn crackers, spiced beef, and a delicious pork loin simmered in ginger sauce.
French cuisine is what you’ll enjoy when you dine at Le Jardinier. It is best to sit inside the romantic garden courtyard for your meal. You can enjoy the views while indulging in dishes like supreme de volaille and homard grille.
You can feel like you’ve been swept away to the country of England when you dine at Cricketer’s Pub. This authentic English pub serves all the traditional pub favorites. Meet new friends while relaxing at the end of a long day.
Bella Napoli Pizzeria
Pizza is the ultimate comfort food. You may be in the mood for it at least once while on vacation at Sandals Royal Caribbean. Bella Napoli Pizzeria is the restaurant to visit when you want freshly made-to-order pizza. Take it to go or enjoy it out in the courtyard.
Seafood and burgers fill the menu at The Mariner. This beachside bar and grill will have you eating the foods you are craving. All while enjoying a few drinks. Take a walk along the beach either before or after your meal to enjoy the nearby views.
The Jerk Shack
The Jerk Shack is another restaurant on the private island at the Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort. This restaurant serves jerk-cooked foods at their best. The spices are perfectly blended to create dishes you won’t get enough of.
Spices is a restaurant that is open for every meal of the day. They serve Pan-Caribbean dishes you won’t be able to resist.
Want a little Indian fare instead? Check out, Bombay! Your taste buds will be dancing before you even reach the restaurant. That’s how aromatic the dishes are.
The very last restaurant to choose from at Sandals Royal Caribbean is La Tavola. This Italian restaurant makes its pasta when it is ordered. So you know it is as fresh as possible. There are plenty of Italian dishes to choose from. Order a favorite, and then order something new!
If these restaurants are not enough for you, head to Sandals Montego Bay. You can dine at any of the restaurants at that Sandals Resort as part of your all-inclusive stay.
Activities at Sandals Royal Caribbean
There are so many activities to keep you busy when you vacation at Sandals Royal Caribbean. But, of course, you don’t need to do any of them. You can always relax on the beach or stay in your room.
However, I recommend you take advantage of all the water and land sports. Your days can be filled with snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming, and boat rides. On land, you can play tennis, beach volleyball, or a thrilling game of horseshoes.
If you enjoy working out during your vacation, you won’t want to skip the state-of-the-art fitness center.
Services at the Red Lane Spa are not included in your stay, but it is the perfect ending to any workout or busy day.
Entertainment is always happening day and night. You can attend live shows, listen to live bands, and even go to a Jamaica jamboree. Of course, there are theme nights and chocolate buffets too.
Sandals Private Island
The highlight of all the activities at Sandals Royal Caribbean is the private island.
Above, I mentioned the two restaurants located on this island. There is also a private beach, swim-up pool bar, and more entertainment options.
You can easily take the dragon boat to this island. You can also kayak out there if you are back on the mainland before sunset.
Everything you need to know about Sandals Royal Caribbean
There you have everything you need to know about Sandals Royal Caribbean. Now all that is left is to go and see it for yourself!
I am a Sandals Certified Travel Agent, and I would love to help you plan your honeymoon, destination wedding, or another special event! Feel free to reach out via my contact form to learn more. Also, I’d be happy to help you choose which type of Sandals room category is best for you.
Alternatively, you can go to Sandals and check availability for your preferred dates.
If you have already booked a Sandals vacation in the last 14 days, I may still be able to help! Inquire ASAP to find out how I can add value to your Sandals vacation, honeymoon, or destination wedding.
Sandals Vacation Ideas
Want even more Sandals vacation or Sandals honeymoon ideas? Check out some of my other blog posts:
- Sandals Resorts Locations
- Everything you need to know about Sandals Royal Plantation
- Everything You Need to Know About Beaches Turks and Caicos
- The five best Sandals Resorts for honeymoons
- Everything you need to know about Sandals South Coast
- How to hold a Sandals room FOR FREE!
- Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia
The best way to get travel tips and the most current travel information? Sign up for my email list! I send one weekly email with the latest news, travel deals, honeymoon tips, etc. Sign up below.
About Amy | A Sandals Travel Agent
Amy Fillinger is the owner of Luxe Aloha Destinations and Luxe Caribe Destinations. I am a honeymoon travel agent and destination wedding specialist for Hawaii, the Caribbean, and Mexico. I work with busy professionals who don’t have time to do all the research needed to pull off the perfect honeymoon or destination wedding. Did you know that I have over 12 years of experience in the wedding industry? Before starting my travel business, I was a wedding photographer for many years. I’d love to help make your honeymoon, destination wedding, or anniversary dream vacation come to life. Contact me for more.
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later: