There is a good chance that this post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of these links, I might earn a small commission at no extra cost to you (which I really appreciate, thank you!) The full disclosure policy can be found here.
Everything You Need to Know About Sandals Royal Plantation
If you’re considering a Sandals honeymoon or Sandals vacation, here is everything you need to know about Sandals Royal Plantation.
Out of all the Sandals Resorts in Jamaica, Sandals Royal Plantation offers the most privacy. This all-inclusive resort also provides an intimate setting directly on the beach. Perfect for those romantic days and nights you are searching for.
Ready to book? You can do that here! If you need more information, read on.
Everything You Need to Know About Sandals Royal Plantation
Out of everything you need to know about Sandals Royal Plantation, one thing sets this resort apart from other Sandals Resorts. There are only 74 ocean-view suites at this beach resort. And they are all Butler suites. So yes, you have access to a Butler throughout your stay in every room!
If you want to know about the different room types, check out Sandals Resort Room Categories – Luxury vs. Club vs. Butler. You’ll see that Butler is top-tier, and this is the only type of accommodation at Sandals Royal Plantation.
This resort offers an authentic Jamaican vibe, plus innovative restaurants, bars, and activities. And you can’t forget the casual island elegance that attracts celebrities worldwide.
Accommodations at Sandals Royal Plantation
Above, I mentioned there are only 74 Butler suites at Sandals Royal Plantation. You may think the suites must be identical, but they are not. There are 11 room types at Sandals Royal Plantation. Some of them are larger than others. And some offer more features than all the rest.
Only you will know which of the incredible butler suites will be perfect for your next romantic vacation. To help you start the process of deciding, let me share the types of butler suites with you.
- Regent Oceanfront Butler Suite
- Viceroy Honeymoon Oceanfront Butler Suite
- Marquis Oceanfront Butler Suite
- Monarch Oceanfront Butler Suite
- Royal Monarch Oceanfront Butler Suite
- Grand Duke Oceanfront Butler Suite
- Grand Duchess Oceanfront Verandah Butler Suite
- Royal Oceanfront One Bedroom Butler Suite
- Imperial Oceanfront One Bedroom Butler Suite
- Governor General Oceanfront One Bedroom Butler Suite
- Villa Plantana
Every suite looks out over the ocean. The Villa Plantana is the largest of them all, with three bedrooms. It also boasts a private pool, private patio, and villa staff.
All the others are spacious suites, with a few having a separate bedroom area.
What Is Included During Your Stay at Sandals Royal Plantation:
- Unlimited dining at five restaurants
- Unlimited premium liquors and drinks at restaurants, bars, and in-room
- All tips, taxes, and gratuities
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Green fees, plus roundtrip transfers, to nearby Sandals Golf Club
- PADI-certified Scuba diving plus equipment
- Snorkeling, Hobie Cats, paddleboards, kayak, and all other water sports, plus instructions
- Beach volleyball, pool tables, basketball, and other land sports
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Exchange privileges, plus roundtrip shuttles, to nearby Sandals Ochi
- Free wedding for guests staying at least three nights. Learn more here: 11 Tips for Planning a Sandals Destination Wedding
Dining Options at Sandals Royal Plantation
There are only five restaurants at Sandals Royal Plantation. However, no need to worry; you can enjoy the restaurants at nearby Sandals Ochi too!
The restaurants at Royal Plantation all serve up extraordinary dishes. The dishes are full of flavor and the freshest ingredients. Plus, each restaurant has a romantic atmosphere.
French cuisine can be found at Le Papillon. The chefs use classic French techniques to create dishes you will love. One of the favorite dishes is carre d’agneau, an herb-crusted lamb rack.
The Terrace serves Caribbean cuisine in an outdoor setting. As you sit overlooking the ocean, you can enjoy adult conversation and a couple of drinks.
A more relaxed vibe can be felt at the Royal Grill. This restaurant also overlooks the beach. The mountains in the background can also be seen from many tables. Despite the laid-back vibe, the food is still impressive.
The Tea Terrace
The Tea Terrace is only open for afternoon tea. This tea bar serves different types of tea and numerous pastries. I recommend finding a seat on the terrace that faces the ocean for the best experience.
The Wobbly Peacock
At the Wobbly Peacock, you will discover pub fare and a down-to-earth atmosphere. This is one of the best places to grab a beer at Sandals Royal Plantation.
If none of these included restaurants satisfy your food cravings, you can always venture over to Sandals Ochi to dine at one of the 16 restaurants at that resort. Room service is also included in your stay.
There is one other restaurant at Sandals Royal Plantation. It is the C Bar, which is short for Caviar and Champagne Bar. This is the only resort in Jamaica that offers this type of bar. It is an excellent place to celebrate a special occasion.
Just know that your meal at the C Bar will be extra. Unfortunately, it is not one of the all-inclusive options when you book your vacation at Sandals Royal Plantation.
Activities at Sandals Royal Plantation
You know your dream honeymoon or vacation. You may dream of relaxing at the pool all day long or taking long strolls along the shoreline.
Doing absolutely nothing is just fine; just remember there are tons of other activities included in your stay!
You can learn to scuba or head out on the water in a kayak or paddleboard. You can even take a glass bottom boat ride or test an aquatrike.
On land, there is golf, tennis, and beach volleyball. Rousing games of pool can be played with other guests. And board games are available for those game nights in your room.
Don’t forget; you can also participate in all the activities available at Sandals Ochi.
If the included activities are not enough for you, there are options. You can take a tour, enjoy a treatment at the spa, or go shopping at the numerous on-site boutiques. Check out 10 things not included at Sandals to learn more about some of the extras.
Everything you need to know about Sandals Royal Plantation
This is everything you need to know about Sandals Royal Plantation. It’s a smaller resort which can be a pro or a con depending on your needs. If it sounds like a good fit, head over to Sandals, and book it now!
If Sandals Royal Plantation doesn’t sound like the right fit for you, don’t worry! I have a blog post with all of the Sandals Resort locations and individual posts for most of the resorts (with more on the way!) Check out:
- Everything You Need to Know About Sandals Montego Bay
- Everything you need to know about Sandals South Coast
- Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia
- Everything you need to know about Sandals Ochi
- Everything You Need to Know About Beaches Turks and Caicos
- Two Amazing Sandals Resorts in the Bahamas
- Everything you need to know about Sandals Royal Curacao
More Sandals Vacation Ideas
Want even more Sandals vacation or Sandals honeymoon ideas? Check out some of my other blog posts:
- How to hold a Sandals room FOR FREE!
- Everything You Need to Know About Tipping at Sandals Resorts
- What is the cheapest Sandals Resort?
- Which Sandals Resorts have overwater bungalows?
- Everything You Need to Know About Sandals Royal Caribbean
- Everything you need to know about Sandals Negril
The best way to get travel tips and the most current travel information is to sign up for my email list. I send out one weekly email with the latest news, travel deals, honeymoon tips, etc. Sign up below.
About Amy | A Sandals Travel Agent
Amy Fillinger is the owner of Luxe Aloha Destinations and Luxe Caribe Destinations. I am a honeymoon travel agent and destination wedding specialist for Hawaii, the Caribbean, and Mexico. I work with busy professionals who don’t have time to do all the research needed to pull off the perfect honeymoon or destination wedding. Did you know that I have over 12 years of experience in the wedding industry? As a wedding photographer for over 10 years, I have plenty of experience in the wedding industry! I’d love to help make your honeymoon, destination wedding, or anniversary dream vacation come to life. Contact me for more.
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later: