There is a good chance that this post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of these links, I might earn a small commission at no extra cost to you (which I really appreciate, thank you!) The full disclosure policy can be found here.
100 things to do in Hawaii
If you’re planning a Hawaii vacation and looking for things to do in Hawaii, this post is for you. I have gathered 100 things to do in Hawaii, including things to do on Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Big Island, Molokai, Lanai, and even Niihau.
Of course, there are thousands of things to do in Hawaii, but this list will help you get started.
I’ve separated this list by island. If you want, even more, check out the links at the bottom for separate posts about things to do in Maui, Kauai, and more.
Things to do in Oahu
1. Visit Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor is one of Oahu’s most popular tourist destinations; you don’t want to miss it. I don’t recommend a tour; you can see Pearl Harbor on your own.
2. Take a surf lesson at Waikiki Beach. What better place to learn to surf than Waikiki Beach?
3. Take a submarine tour with Atlantis Submarine Adventure.
4. Visit Iolani Palace.
5. Take a sunset cruise at Waikiki.
6. Explore local sea life with a Submarine Scooter Adventure.
7. Shop at the Royal Hawaiian Center.
8. Attend a Luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center. The Polynesian Cultural Center is also a great place to learn about the history of Hawaii and more. You can also check out the best luau on Oahu for more great Oahu luaus.
9. Check out the swap meet at the Aloha Stadium.
11. Check out the Bishop Museum.
12. Shop in Haleiwa. Haleiwa and the North Shore are so different from Waikiki; you don’t want to miss them. You can also check out 50 things to do in Haleiwa.
13. Skydive with Pacific Skydiving or Skydive Hawaii.
14. Swim with sharks with One Ocean Diving.
Hikes & Beaches on Oahu
15. Find Sea Turtles at Laniakea Beach (aka Turtle Beach.)
16. Hike Diamond Head.
17. Visit Lanikai Beach, not to be confused with Laniakea Beach.
18. Check out Pink Pillbox Hike, the best hike in West Oahu.
19. Hike Koko Head Stairs.
***DO NOT attempt to hike the Stairway to Heaven. It’s so frustrating to see this on lists of things to do in Hawaii. It is illegal, highly guarded, and you will be fined if you are caught.
Restaurants on Oahu
20. Dine at the Original Roy’s in Hawaii Kai.
There are far too many amazing Oahu restaurants to list! I’ll be creating a separate blog post for that, but for now, check out the Original Roy’s in Hawaii Kai.
Things to do in Kauai
21. Take a shelter dog on a field trip with the Kauai Humane Society.
22. Kayak the Wailua River.
23. Check out Spouting Horn.
24. Head out for a sunset sail on the Na Pali Coast with Holo Holo Charters.
25. Drive up to Wailua Falls. There are many beautiful waterfalls on Kauai, and Wailua Falls is one of the easiest to access.
26. Float Down Sugar Cane Irrigation Canals with Kauai Backcountry Adventures.
27. Visit the remote Polihale State Park. The drive is a bit rough, but this beach is huge and not crowded at all.
28. Check out Kilauea Lighthouse.
30. Enjoy a luau at the Smith Family Luau. If you want to try a luau on Kauai, the Smith Family Luau is a visitor favorite.
31. Standup Paddleboard or Surf Hanalei Bay.
32. Rent a bike and ride down the Kapa’a Bike Path.
Hikes & Beaches on Kauai
33. Find sea glass (and maybe even an endangered Hawaiian monk seal!) at Glass Beach.
34. Snorkel at Tunnels Beach for some of the best snorkeling on Kauai.
35. Visit Poipu Beach on the south side of the island.
36. Hike Sleeping Giant at sunrise. If you love hiking, check out the 7 best hikes on Kauai.
37. Check out all or part of the Kalalau Trail. Make sure you have a permit, which you’ll have to get in advance.
38. Hike the Canyon Trail in Waimea Canyon.
Restaurants on Kauai
39. Dine with your toes in the sand at Lava Lava Beach Club.
40. Eat tacos with a Hawaiian twist at Tiki Taco in Kapa’a. I know this seems like a weird suggestion, but you will not regret checking out Tiki Taco!
41. Have a juice at Kauai Juice Co. They use many local ingredients and has the best juice and kombucha I’ve ever tried.
42. Dine at Tidepools at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. You don’t have to stay at the Grand Hyatt to dine at the popular Tidepools restaurant.
Things to do on the Big Island
43. Visit Volcanoes National Park. Many visitors want to go to the big island to see Kilauea at Volcanos National Park. You can spend a few hours or all day at Volcanoes National Park.
44. Check out the Petroglyphs at Pukao Petroglyph field or Waikoloa Petroglyph field.
45. Check out Waipio Valley. You’ll either need a 4-wheel drive (check your rental agreement) or take a tour.
If you’re looking for the best way to rent a car in Hawaii, I recommend Discount Hawaii Car Rental. You’ll find the best deals on any of the Hawaiian Islands.
46. Visit Ocean Rider Seahorse Farm
47. Take a snorkel cruise at Kealakekua Bay
48. Visit Puʻuhonua o Hōnaunau National Historical Park (City of Refuge)
49. Snorkel at night with Manta Rays.
50. Visit the Farmers Market.
51. Visit Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park.
52. Kayak Kealakekua Bay.
53. Visit Rainbow Falls and Akaka Falls.
54. Have an oceanfront dinner in Kona. Get great prices on drinks and apps during the best Happy Hours in Kona.
55. Parasail over Kona.
56. Zipline with Kohala Canopy Adventure.
Hikes & Beaches on the Big Island
57. Hike into Pololu Valley
58. Hike the Kilauea Iki Trail at Volcanos National Park.
59. Snorkel at Two Step.
60. Visit Punalu’u Black Sand Beach. It’s one of the best places to find sea turtles on the Big Island.
61. Check out the green sand at Papakoloa.
62. Check out Kekaha Kai State Park.
Restaurants on the Big Island
63. Have a mai tai at the Kona Inn.
64. Enjoy live music at Splasher’s Grill.
65. Enjoy the fantastic view at Huggo’s.
Things to do on Maui
67. Take a drive down the Hana Highway. You can also check out some of the black sand beaches in Maui.
68. Visit the Maui Ocean Center on a rainy day.
69. Check out Haleakala at sunrise.
70. Shop in Paia town.
71. Bike down Haleakala.
72. Check out the Old Lahaina Luau.
73. Take a helicopter tour of West Maui and Molokai.
74. Snorkel at Black Rock.
75. Check out the Feast at Lele Luau.
76. Visit Iao Valley State Park.
77. Check out Banyan Tree Park.
79. Visit Turtle Town.
Beaches and hikes on Maui
80. Visit Kaanapali Beach. Your resort might even be located on Kaanapali Beach! Check out the best places to stay in Maui if you haven’t booked yet.
81. Check out Napili Beach, a great beach for kids!
82. Visit Big Beach.
83. Hike Pipiwai Trail-Oheo Gulch.
84. Check out Twin Falls (easy hike from Paia.)
Restaurants on Maui
85. Have dinner at Mama’s Fish House.
86. Check out MauiWine. If you decide to make the full loop back from Hana, this is an excellent stop near the end of your journey!
87. Eat at Top Chef finalist Sheldon Simeon’s restaurant, Tinroof.
88. Enjoy local favorites at Coconut’s Fish Cafe.
89. Have breakfast at Kihei Caffe.
Things to do on Lanai
90. Visit the Lanai Cat Sanctuary.
91. Check out Sweetheart Rock.
92. Visit the Garden of the God’s.
93. Golf at Manele Golf Course.
Beaches and Hikes on Lanai
94. Check out Shipwreck Beach.
Things to do on Molokai
95. Check out Kalaupapa National Historical Park.
96. Enjoy Live Music at Hale Kealoha.
97. Send a friend a coconut at the US Post Office outside of Ho‘olehua.
Beaches and Hikes on Molokai
98. Visit Papohaku Beach Park.
99. Hike at Halawa Valley.
Things to do on Niihau
100. Technically, you can’t visit Niihau without an invitation. However, you can take a snorkel tour to Niihau from Kauai!
That was quite the list! I hope this list of 100 things in Hawaii will help you add to your Hawaii bucket list.
More things to do in Hawaii
- 7 best things to do on the Big Island.
- 7 best things to do on Maui.
- 10 best things to do on Kauai.
- 10 best things to do on Oahu.
- 25 things to do on Kauai.
- 25 things to do in Kona.
- 50 things to do in Haleiwa.
- 50 things to do in Maui.
If you want even more Hawaii travel tips, don’t miss:
- The ultimate guide to Hawaiian animals.
- Maui vs. Kauai
- 20 things you should never do in Hawaii
- How much does it cost to go to Hawaii?
- What is the worst time to go to Hawaii?
- What is the best island to visit in Hawaii?
- Is Hawaii safe?
Hawaii Bucket List Ideas
Although I am a Hawaii Travel Agent, I am only taking on a few clients for 2021. You can contact me if you’d like more information. I would recommend starting with my Hawaii travel guide if you plan to DIY your vacation!
The best way to get Hawaii travel tips and the most current travel information is to sign up for my email list. I send out one weekly email with the latest news, travel deals, and more. Sign up below.